Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

So I just got back from my friends' house. They moved to Switzerland about 8 months ago and this was the first time I've seen them since then. It was absolutely wonderful to see them. As I was driving home, I got to thinking about Thanksgiving, and all of the things I have to be grateful for. So I figured I'd write my first non-Learn & Play post ever.

Things that I am thankful for this year:

That I was born to such wonderful parents, and all that that entails. I am the person that I am today because of them. Because they always let me know that they loved and supported me no matter what, no matter what mistakes I made. Because of what they taught me about love, what true love is, and how precious that is. For the family that comes with my parents. For my sister, who has been a partner to me in so many adventures. That she married a man who gave me the brother I always wanted. Many people do not have the type of family I do.

That I have such wonderful friends. People who always have my back, and who always attempt to understand me, and forgive me for all my stupid mistakes. That they know who I am truly, and better than anyone and love me anyways.

For the health of those I love.

That I can continue to support myself in these hard times

That Barack Obama will be the next president of the United States of America

That I work with people I truly enjoy everyday doing work I find satisfying and rewarding.

And last, but not least. I am so incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful, smart, caring, funny, and intelligent man. There are no words to explain how lucky I am to wake up next to him every day. To know that he is there, that he supports me, believes in me, and that I never have to worry about a man screwing me over ever again. He makes me a better person.

I wish a very Happy Thanksgiving to whomever reads this. I am truly one of the luckiest people in the world.

1 comment:

BluegrassGal said...

Yes, you are so very lucky...for all those things. But what's great is that you realize that you're lucky. That's one of the greatest things about you. I feel fortunate to have you and your mother as my friends.