Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ten Random Things About Me

1) I own over 60 pairs of shoes, and have no plans on stopping the growth of my collection.

2) My best friend and I have been best friends since kindergarten. Except for high school we've always gone to the same school, including under-grad and grad. We graduated from OSU the same quarter, and we're both in graduate school to become librarians. Oh yeah, and she works for CML too.

3) When I was a freshman in college, I had a tumor on my back. It was a lypoma, or fatty tumor, so I could have never had it removed and still been fine. It was fairly large for a lypoma, so my mom still calls it my "big ass tumor" to this day.

4) I am an excercise freak. Have been for years. Most weeks I go to the gym 5 days a week, but 4 times is an absolute must. I do allow myself a break while I'm out of town, and around Christmas. You sleep better, feel better, have more energy, look better, and are less stressed. Everyone should do it, especially Judah.

5) I am also a Simpsons freak. Before the dawn of DVDs, I had an on-going project to tape every episode. I had legal sheets detailing which episodes were on which tapes. When I stopped I was on tape 26. I also have a pretty sizable collection of Simpsons figures that I display when I have the space.

6) I have a newspaper article from the 80s about a Martin Luther King program at Main Library, you know when the children's area was in the basement and still had that awesome tree. I am in the picture of kids at the program. Who knew I would end up working for the MLK branch.

7) My older sister, who lives in Seattle, is in school to be a librarian too.

8) I am a highly skilled parallel parker. Years of living on campus with no off street parking refined my skills.

9) My bachelor's is in Comparative Religions, with a minor in Classics. At one point I thought I wanted to be a professor and do my field work studying voodoo. The voodoo part was a short lived aspiration, and I eventually gave up the dream of being Dr. Adams when I reached my Junior year of college and felt that a life with that much more schooling is not one I wanted to live. And yet strangely here I am back in school.

10) I love to do puzzles. I haven't had time to do one since I've been in school, but I get totally obsessed with finishing them. When I was younger I would sometimes stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning working on them.

No comments: