Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Librarian 2.0

Ok, so I read a few of the articles about web 2.0, and here are some thoughts.....

I like the entusiasm for making sure that the library remains a relative entity for people. I love books, as I'm sure most people who work in libraries do. Libraries should and always will have books. But let's be honest here people, if only dealt with books, would we pass our next levy? Would there even be more than 10 people in the building? Would we have been forced to shut down branches? Let's face the facts that technology is a big part of what today's youth see as "the library." So, for that reason I think it is important to incorporate aspects of Web 2.0 into our services. Schultz said "Libraries are not just collections of documents and books, they are conversations, they are convocations of people, ideas, and artifacts in dynamic exchange." Word up. Now that's the kind of library I want to work in. (I'll stop being corny now.)

Ok, so here are some Dior shoes I found on flickr!

No comments: